Sykt Fiesta prosjekt

FOCUS

Twin Engined Fiesta

I started this project around three years ago with the intention of creating the ultimate Sports Libre hill climb car. The chassis is based on my own design, and features fully independent rose jointed suspension. Everything from camber to caster, antisquat and track are fully adjustable as is rear toe. Suspension features fully adjustable 2 ¼" Bilstein coil over units with adjustable bound/rebound. Internally the car is fitted with a fully welded multi point cage.

Power originally came from two heavily reworked CVH turbo engines. Things have now progressed and is currently undergoing the fitment of two 400bhp YB cosworth engines . Intercooling is achieved by a huge front mounted intercooler (another NMS cosworth special) whilst the mid engine has a roof mounted intercooler with roof air scoops. Cooling is conventional up front whilst the mid unit utilises a sealed centre cavity, housing radiator and oil cooler rads, fed by 4 fans from roof mounted ducts. Air leaves the rear engine bay via huge vents cut in the rear tailgate and window.

Clutches are competition AP's whilst the gearboxes are Quaife straight cut units. The front gearbox utilises a Quaife ATB differential whilst the mid mounted unit has a conventional plate type LSD. A great deal of engineering went into developing the gearshift, throttle and clutch controls and the end result is accurate, quick and simple. A single gear shift operates both boxes whilst the throttle and clutch pedals connect to a linkage box where the cable travel can be biased via variable pivots. This enables varying ratios of throttle between engines achieved from just one pedal, and allows the clutch biting points to be balanced.

Styling wise the car features one off box arches adding 5 inches to each side. Wheels are 10X15 magnesium OZ rears and 8X15 fronts. Braking is achieved via AP billet 4 pots up front running 280mm discs with Cosworth vented rear disc setup. Bias is controlled by twin AP master cylinders and balance link. The car is prepared to the highest standards and is built to full race trim fitted with Lifeline plumbed extinguisher system.

This car is still in development with all attention being focused during 2004 now that other projects are complete.

Prosjektet er satt i gang hos Norris Motorsport i england

Blue Oval Racer

07 Mondeo Tdci Titanium Stv

• 2 months later...