Gratis data logger program for Cosworth

grcossie

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes

Today, 02:16 PM #1

SECS

PC based Pectel Monitor Software - 100% FREE

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi All,

Some of you may not know that I have developed a PC based Pectel Monitor software program.

It is 100% free to download and use and does not contain any form of spyware or advertising or require any form of registration etc....

INTRODUCTION

The program is "work in progress" but is now at a stage where it works well enough for public use.

This latest version will now communicate with an ECU now provided you have a suitable lead.

I do not sell the leads but have given details on how to make them.

At this point in time, you will need a built in serial port on the computer or one that is provided by a PCMCIA slot.

Use of a USB to serial interface is not recomended at this point in time.

If you want to try this software without a car or do not have a lead, just select the ECU type "demo" in the options menu and select online from the main menu and it will behave as if a car is connected and being run !

Several features have been disabled such as global adjustments for safety reasons at this point in time as you could blow up your engine if you dont know what you are doing ! LOL

When updates are available for new features, they are free too !

Here is a sample screen shot...

You can resize all displays by dragging the corners and also right click on each display to edit its properties !!

Also, dont like the background picture ? Well use your own !

Copy your picture file (must be JPG) to the C:\FPM folder and rename it to BACKGROUND.

Restart the software for changes to take effect and ensure the image is enabled in the properties menu option.

Please note, not all data is available when the engine is stopped or depending on options in the ecu chip..

This is a design flaw in the chip software and not in this software although I have a work around for this very soon.

Not all pectel chips have the data stream enabled and some have limitations.

Other chips such as MSD's will work too if data stream has been enabled in the chip.

INSTALLATION

Please note, you do not need to join my forum to use or download this software but if you want to join in the devlopment process, you are more than welcome to take part

Download ZIP file and extract to default folder of C:\FPM

(This has to be in this folder)

Download here....

http://www.L8ECU.co.uk/Projects/FPM/FPM_V12.zip

MAKE YOUR OWN LEAD

A circuit diagram for the DIY lead is here...

Click here to view the reduced image.

(Save this file and view in paintbrush as a web page wont show it very well)

I hope at some point in the near future to have a 3rd party source for ready made leads.

Thanks to the site admin for allowing me to share this here

Enjoy

100% Free PC based pectel monitor software here.... http://www.l8ecu.co.uk/NewForum/index.php

Written for enthusiasts by an enthusiast !